Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

33 weeks and counting...

Happy Easter to everyone!

I've no plans for today except to go to the gym later and do a wee bit of walking on the treadmill. I've been watching my weight in the last week as I didn't want to gain too much. I feel like a beached whale sometimes, but a lady yesterday told me that I look small or I'm carrying small. Well, that's very nice because two weeks before that one other lady said I look like I'm about to pop. I wanted to say something bitchy to that last woman, but I didn't. There's no point. So I just smile at all the comments and go about my merry, pregnant way.

Well, the last of the nursery furniture was delivered yesterday. I'm quite excited because the paint smell in the room has also faded a lot that I can now go in and shampoo the carpet. This weekend I'm devoting to doing more laundry for Little Bump (as her daddy and I call her) and for things that will go in the nursery. I haven't been able to help myself. I keep buying clothes and things for her. Gah! That's the "problem" with having a little girl. They are too much fun to shop for and the baby shops are just full of so many cute things for little girls.

I really should curb the shopping though. All her clothes are tiny, but I am running out laundry basket space. Right now I've been hoarding all the laundered baby clothes and items for the nursery inside my tiny closet in the master bedroom until I get the nursery sorted out and her dresser aired and so on.

I'm really excited to meet her soon. I had my last 3D/4D ultrasound last weekend and I got to see my little one. She's filled out a fair bit and she's definitely got her daddy's full lips although the jury is still out about her nose. I love her chubby little cheeks. Those have filled out from when I last had a scan in late January. She's still moving a lot and I'm not sure when she'll settle down and engage.

In other news, I've accepted another role at the company. I wasn't looking for a new job but I was approached at the cafeteria one day and asked to interview with his team. I thought, well, why not? I love those guys, they're really cool and they have their shit together. So, I had a chat with my mentor who decided that if I was going for a loop with another team she wanted to interview me for hers as well as she didn't want to lose me. That was very flattering, to be honest. So anyway, in the end I ended up interviewing with three teams and got three offers. It was very hard this past week having to choose just one. At some point it became a sell job with several people from each time trying to sell me on their team so I would pick their offer. Every time that happened I wish I could accept the job with their team. Unfortunately, I do not have two other clones lying around or I would've worked for all three.

I transition into my new role the week of April 21st, I think. I need to touch base with my manager and find out what date he and my new manager had negotiated. When I transition into my new team, I only have about three weeks to meet the team and get a little bit of training and ramping up before my due date is up. After that, I'm out for four months on maternity/parental leave and won't be back until late August or early September.

Tick tock tick tock...



Latest Month

June 2009


Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow